Re: Got 24" out of VTTC

Original poster: "Herwig Roscher by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <herwig.roscher-at-gmx.de>

Ross Overstreet wrote:

> I just managed 2 feet of really hot arcs out of my 3-1000z VTTC.

Ross,

My congratulations! You did a very fine job indeed. Although my
system is different from yours I have read of your measures and
observations with great interest.

Unfortunately I faced this flash-over problem between primary and
secondary coil as well. I will try to wind a primary coil with a
smaller heigth and without metal screw/parts for the upper wire
fixture. Maybe it helps.

Using an adjustable vaccum cap parallel to the tank cap for tuning
is a good idea as well. I tried to find a suitable (some 100 pF/more
than 20 kVdc) one, but without any success so far.

I am looking forward to visiting your updated VTTC page.

Good luck!

Herwig