Re: rectified nst's and hookup

Original poster: "Metlicka Marc by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <mystuffs-at-orwell-dot-net>

thanks too all that replied with the very good info, i think i would
have definitely blown, shocked, let the smoke out of something. i don't
think there is much in coiling that someone on this list has either
done, trying to do or thought about.
hopefully i can at least attack this with a knowledgeable approach now?
let me point out the reason for all this, the triggered gap works great
in sync. with the ac line frequency. firing at 120bps reliably with the
dimmer giving a nice fine tune to the phasing, i apologize for saying
120hz in prior posts, it was pointed out to me off list, in a most
tasteless fashion, that i was wrong saying this and that i should not
speak unless i know what i'm saying, i guess i agree with this. i'll try
not to do it again?
i want to rectify the nst so i can try the triggered gap at variable
frequency's and i am building a trigger drive that will fire from
0-100khz with adjustable pulse duration's from 10us-1s.
i don't know exactly what if anything will be shown by all this but i
would like to mess around with getting the gap to quench at very high
break rates? maybe trigger my 33khz coil at 33khz, what would happen
then?
i will build the bridge with the resistors and filter caps as suggested,
i'm sure i will have more dilemmas to ask help with.

i have a 2 x .15uf 10kvdc cap, will this work for the filter cap?

i'm having fun with the triggered gap, it has opened up a new aspect of
coiling for me.
i will also apologize for any misunderstandings that i was suggesting
that i invented the triggered gap, i in no way meant too, i just built
one and tried it with the dimmer and ford coil. you all know i couldn't
have invented it, i forgot the limiting cap? i was also chastised off
list for insinuating i invented everything.
i will try to choose my words more carefully in the future because some
find it more enjoyable to find faults then doing or helping with actual
coiling experiments these days. not all, just some.
thanks again to all the gave help on or off list, if any see room for
improvements or can suggest things to try, or even the off list
caricature improvement suggestions, i appreciate and welcome it all.
(please, i ask that you refrain from attacking my upbringing or my
family, my parents tried to do a good job in a hard time)
marc m.