Re: Variable Cap In Secondary?

Hi Jake,

Normally this would not make sense.  Disruptive coils are typically tuned
by changing the tap point on the primary coil.  This changes the primary
coil's inductance to perform tuning.  They may have been thinking about
some kidd of vaccuum tube coil or the hand held neon sign leak detectors.
They have an adjustment knob on them but I am not sure how it works.  Maybe
they do what the artical says since these were mentioned.

There has been discussion of making the top terminal height adjustable
which changes the secondary capacitance to perform tuning but that is very
rarely done.  Sometimes people will change the toroid size for tuning
purposes but that is not real common either.  Not sure exactly what this
person was refeering too...

Cheers,

	Terry