Re: rectified nst's and hookup

Hi All and Marc,

I had all the parts just starring at me here, so I wired up my HV rectifier
for my SSgap project.  A bunch of pics and stuff are at:

http://hot-streamer-dot-com/TeslaCoils/Misc/HVRectifier/

Sorry the pics are sort of big but I wanted to keep the details...

Each leg has 30x 1N4007 1000V 1A diodes in series.  The terminals each have
7x 1800V 2500A MOVs to a ground stud.  It should easily do a 15/60 NST.  I
still have a chunk of Lexan for a base to be added...

One may as well use 30 diodes per leg since they are like $0.04 each when
you get 200 from DigiKey.  The price is trivial...  The protoboard, MOVs,
and terminals add about 10, 32, and 6 dollars to the cost...  I figure the
expensive MOVs are worth it since they "should" provide serious protection
to the diodes.

Marc - Did you ever get your rectifier problem fixed?  If not, I can send
you this one if you need.  I won't need it for awhile since I am in sort of
a dull time consuming stage in my project.  In the mean time, you can
"test" this one for me ;-))  No worries if it fries since I'll just figure
it is good science ;-))  Let me know if it can help out your neat project.
Your only as far as the post office...

I have not actually tested the thing yet due to a Mutual Assured
Destruction treaty with my neighbors regarding noise after 10:00PM, but it
looks pretty good...

Cheers,

	Terry