Re: General Questions

Hi Jason,

At 11:34 PM 4/8/2001 +0100, you wrote:
>actually, clippig them into a piece of acrylic seems to work well - anyway
>im not talking about the *relatively* small 12KV voltage of the *insulated*
>primary i'm talking about the 200 odd KV generated by inductance in the
>secondary - this seems to melt some Epoxy resins... trust me :)
>
>Jason
>jason-pee-at-bt-internet-dot-com

Interesting...  I know epoxies like to work around the ~20Kv area but I
have never heard of problems at the ~200kV area...  I would be interested
to hear more on this...?  Even plate glass will blow right through at
~200kV.  Only oil is a real good insulator at really high voltages.  Epoxy
will fail to from over voltage but melting and any "odd" problems with
epoxy at these super high voltages would be new to me.

Cheers,

	Terry