Re: Q's ? Q's ? Q's ?

Original poster: "Sietze by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <s.van.de.burgt-at-hccnet.nl>

About operating a coil in a high vacuum

> If the voltage is high enough it will become a vacuum emitter I
> expect. In fact, it might well gain a net charge through emission
> rectification (can lose electrons but not much else).

How high does the voltage need to be to let it become a vacuum emitter ???
Is it possible to do the same with a VTTC ?

> > 2. Is it possible to operate a coil on a higher frequency than it was
> > designed for. I mean Mhz instead of Khz or maybe even Giga!hertz?
> > Would it just burn up more quickly or do nothing because of
> > hysterislus (how do I translate that right?). Is is posible to make a
> > coil for that specific purpose?
>
> Short answer - no. It won't behave as you'd expect at any frequency
> other than its natural 1/4 wave frequency. At higher harmonics, it
> will develop voltage antinodes along its length. It would present
> complex impedances whose identities would vary according to frequency
> to the drive source.

Is it possible to design and Build a Coil specifically for the Mhz or Ghz
band ?
It doesn't need to spark, it just needs to build a high potential.

mailto:s.van.de.burgt-at-hccnet.nl>s.van.de.burgt-at-hccnet.nl Linux post
and programs (netscape) send to
mailto:s.vande.burgt-at-12move.nl>s.vande.burgt-at-12move.nl

Greetings from Holland

Sietze