Re: REAL CAPACITOR (where can i buy one?)

Original poster: "Mark Hales by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <markhals-at-dircon.co.uk>

> Also, an MMC is semi variable as compared to a single cap. I dont remember
> who it was, but he had designed
> an MMC in such a manner that all one had to do was add additional "tubes"
> of caps to the holding device (
> very nice design) to increase/decrease capacitance.

Try Bob Golding, UK coiler. He subscribes to this list.
His MMC is of the design you describe. Series strung caps in tubes that are
then clipped in springy U clamps around a larger tube in parallel.
Nice design which is very variable for capacitance and very quick to change
value.
Pix can be seen at the TCBOUK site under events/corby teslathon2000.
Over to you Bob?!
Cheers, Mark Hales.