Re: Tesla Coil Regulations??????

Original poster: "Duke, Ronn (CCI-San Diego CCC) by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <Ron.Duke-at-cox-dot-com>

	Jim,
	I know this is little off subject, but just FYI. Telling someone how
to do something is not illegal. It would be a violation of the first
amendment of the constitution. That's why you can go on the Internet and get
information on any kind of explosives known to man and how to make them.
(including nuclear weapons). The FBI is trying to change that, but laws like
that do not fare well in Congress.  Making explosives or doing anything else
illegal is exercising your free will, unless of course, you can prove that
someone held a gun to you head and forced you to do something illegal. That
is where they will get you! Information is benign unless it is acted upon
and put into use, which is a matter of choice. That is why Tesla coilers and
anyone else that have websites that advocate doing anything dangerous or
illegal have disclaimers that relieve themselves of responsibility so it
doesn't come back and bite them in their posterior in case someone exercises
their free will and does something stupid!
	Comments? Contact me off list. (off subject)

	Keep on coilin'
	Sparky

	<snip>
	In California, the word "infernal" does not appear in any state law
(ahh,
	the handy on-line codes...), and "destructive devices" are almost
entirely
	related to explosives or firearms (dry ice in a plastic coke bottle
intended
	to explode IS a destructive device, possession of which is a felony
(or,
	more to the point, instructing someone how to build one, is, as
well)).
	There appear to be no laws explicitly prohibiting (or regulating)
rail guns,
	electromagnetic launchers, can crushers, EMP generators, etc., as
long as no
	chemical reactions are involved.. (probably an oversight on the part
of
	regulators... so keep your nose clean and don't inspire the
lawmakers to
	change things.)

Thank you,

Ronn Duke
Cox  Communications
Customer  Care  Center
Ex. 3485

I know you believe that you understand
what you think I said, but, I am not sure
that you realize that what you heard
is not what I meant.
(How often are we misunderstood?)