Water capacitor, was: Re: General Questions

Original poster: "Jason Johnson by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <hvjjohnson13-at-hotmail-dot-com>

Terry, All,

I can remember this topic coming up more than once on this list (just do a
search in the archives for "water capacitor"). I have always thought that it
was a very novel idea and that it would be very very cool if if worked. I
think that every time the idea was brought up it was shot down, based on the
idea that even if you could get water that pure you couldn't keep it pure,
electrolysis leading to hydrogen/oxygen explosion etc. etc. The only thing
is that after all that heresay and opinion over fact stuff is that I don't
think that anyone has ever actually tried making a water capacitor! It may
work with a Wal-Mart brand deionizer and it may not but to my knowledge
noone has ever done any research into the area. Considering the benefits
that a successful water cap could have (instant dielectric healing, cooling,
cost, availabilty) I can't see a single reason why a bit of fairly
inexpensive research would be unjustified. Also if you can get the water
pure enough there is no reason that it shouldn't really work (I can forsee
some problems with the circulating water, though), but the real question is
HOW pure you actually need your water. I do have a hunch, however, that a
circulating water capacitor may not work well at storing a charge for any
length of time or at low frequencies, may work w/ high frequency well
though, or I could be completely wrong all together

Don your lab glasses and "Let the experimenting begin!"

Jason Johnson