Re: Water capacitor, was: Re: General Questions

Original poster: "inverse\[TFB\] by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <pagaiard-at-geocities-dot-com>

At 22.21 10/04/01 -0600, you wrote:

>Once you can charge the thing at 60Hz, your are home free.  The RF is
>energy is easy.  Just keeping the water pure enough, long enough..., to
>charge the primary cap energy into the water cap (repeating at like 120
>BPS) to the primary capacitance is the key...  I don't personally know of
>any effort in rally getting a water primary TC cap to work.

Hi all,
a long time passed since my last message to the list...

I've done some research with water, water explosions and the use of water
as a dielectric.

I've found that even as low as 1J of energy at 3KV can make water explode,
the key is to have a fast discharge.

Well, that's not the point.
A water capacitor discharges itself in a few microseconds when using common
water.
I will be using a water transmission line for a N2 laser I'm building but
to keep it work consistently it will be necessary to charge it in less than
a us.
I know this is higly off topic  but let me say that water won't work at
60Hz,  it work only if you are well above 100s of KHz.

My suggestion is to use a plastic cap and then send the energy to the water
cap via a spark gap.

Paolo