disk capacitors any good ?

Original poster: "by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <biomed-at-miseri.winnipeg.mb.ca>

Hello coilers!   Help!

I need some advice from you more experienced builders.

I have got my hands on a bunch(16)  of free high voltage (30kv) capacitors.
They are from a power supply of an x-ray generator immersed in oil and in a
large metal box.  All 16 of them are soldered to a cocroft walton (I think
thats how it's spelled) voltage multiplier board.   They are 1 inch round
and 3/8 inch thick with the leads comming out from each side.

The labeling is  152M
          TDK

1.5 nF  * 16 caps =  24nF        if all paralleled             and I can
remove  any number for smaller values

Question:   would these BIG disk caps be any good for a neon sign tesla
coil.        I hope they are but what do you think!.

also there are 20 diodes  all hv on the same board,  2 stepup transformers,
4 - 200 Mohm resistors and other stuff, cool hey!

Shaun Epp
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Canada