"Plate" Capacitors

Original poster: "by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <A123X-at-aol-dot-com>

I was going to post this after I finished testing but my 15000v/60ma NST
died( I just bought it like 2 weeks ago and didn't use it for a TC yet, the
guy at the place won't give me a refund either.) Well any way, my idea was to
use disposable plastic party plates for a capacitor. I put it together with 4
plastic plates per dielectric layer, giving me around 50mil. I think. I
calculated 9 foil plates for .005uf. So what do you guys think? I'll have
these tested as soon as I can pick up some 12000v/60ma NST( for free, but the
guy at that NST place said they've been sitting there for years so he's not
sure they work.)