RE: Ident. Xfmr.

Original poster: "Loudner, Godfrey by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <gloudner-at-SINTE.EDU>

Hi

This is a three phase power transformer to run a three phase X-ray machine.
The transformer converts service main voltage to the rather odd voltages
that X-ray units require, like 240 to 293. The inductance of the transformer
also helps to stabilize the power supply to the X-ray machine (stiffen the
supply). The three coils are connected together in a wye connection. It can
be used as a ballast, but I would disconnect the three coils from each
other.

Godfrey Loudner