MOTS and the dc output

Original poster: "will dork by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <vcdmasta-at-hotmail-dot-com>

Hello everyone,

I just started to think about using mots as a power source. I have plenty of
nsts, but decided i want to try something new possibly, since they seem to have
much amperage. I was just wondering, about caps for mots, as the output seems
to be dc. If i were to make an mmc, then could i use the dc rating on the cap
instead of the ac, right? Also, what does it mean that the dc is pulse? Does
this mean that it is pulsing at 60Hz? If so, wouldn't this just be ac, as
normal dc 0Hz? If it is at 60hz, do i have to use ac ratings on mmc caps? Sorry
for all the questions, thanks

Will McManus