Re: I could cry......

In a message dated 4/15/01 10:13:48 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
tesla-at-pupman-dot-com writes:

> > What is the max I can expect for arc length with a 12/120? I got a
feeling
>  > I'm TERRIBLY inefficiant right now.
>
>  65"  SRSG would help.

It is helpful to keep in mind that a NST with a SRSG (or even with
a static gap), can provide double its rated power, esp if a step-up
type variac is used.  For instance, a 12/120 NST, although rated at
1440 watts, can actually deliver 2880 watts.  With this power, an
efficient coil should give 91" sparks.

John Freau