"plate" capacitors

Original poster: "by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <A123X-at-aol-dot-com>

The original party plate caps I built failed after a loose connection burned
the lid and wore through a peice of foil. I fixed the connection but I
thought it would be difficult to get all the foil and smoke contaminated oil
out. The dielectric punctured after running for a short time. I'm building
another one, this time it will be 10nf so I won't need the MMC at all. If I
use al. flashing so everything lays flatter will I be able to get away with
not using oil?