ground rules

Original poster: "Ken Murrell by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <kambj-at-hotmail-dot-com>

    Hi my name is ken and am building my first serious coil,as a
    new chum to this game can you help me with some ground rules,maths
    is double dutch to me so any help other wise wil assist.

    I am currently running a 6" coil 22swg 28" long.

    Sec coil is 3/8 copper tube flat spiral 16 turns

    Cap 12 plates 9"by 12" alu flashing flat stacked with polyethalene
    sheets.Im only using 5 plates as this gives the best spark.

    input around 6000v static gap 5gaps total 1/2".

    total spark length at the moment is only 6" what am I doing wrong?

                                                 Ken.