Re: ground rules

Original poster: "Jason Petrou by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <jasonp-at-btinternet-dot-com>

Ken,

1) The power - 6KV isn't the best power supply unless it can give out some
pretty large current - a 9/30 would be better

2) The caps - homemade caps aren't very good - I'd get hold of some MMC
caps - email stephen_crawshaw-at-tesla94.freeserve.co.uk to see if he has any
left.

3) the tuning - try re-tuning the coiil

also look thru the rest of the email:

>     I am currently running a 6" coil 22swg 28" long.
>     Sec coil is 3/8 copper tube flat spiral 16 turns

you mean primary

>     input around 6000v static gap 5gaps total 1/2".

More power would help - if you can work out the value of your cap bank then
put the value into wintesla to work out the best possible spacing for your
SG

>     total spark length at the moment is only 6" what am I doing wrong?

Good luck!!!

Jason