Re: "plate" capacitors

Original poster: "BunnyKiller by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <bigfoo39-at-telocity-dot-com>

Tesla list wrote:

<A123X-at-aol-dot-com>

> I disagree. An MMC that size using the caps terry sells would cost a huge
> amount. It was $80 for a .005nf at 35kv MMC. Those caps the Geek group is
> selling probably come to a lot lower price though. I'm only building a 10nf
> plate cap. If I had used foil it would be like $15.

Snipperzz...

okay...   160$ = .01 at 35KV  and it will last alot longer than 3 hours...

what Im saying is that most homemade caps will only last about 3 hours of total
run time before one has to rebuild it    if you were in the business of
rebuilding
cap, how much per hour would you charge for a rebuild? add that cost to the
replacement parts and then see if the homemade is such a bargain...

Scot D