Re: NST protection circuit

Original poster: "will dork by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <vcdmasta-at-hotmail-dot-com>

Hello everyone,

But if i were to hook say 8 in series to gain 200watt -at- 1000ohms, what would
the heat on the resistors be like?? Would they get progressively cooler from
the closest on the nst terminals being the hottest, or would the ones at the
end be the hottest. I am planning on using these resistors:

<http://www.allelectronics-dot-com/cgi-bin/category.cgi?item=1K-25>http://www.a
llelectronics-dot-com/cgi-bin/category.cgi?item=1K-25

I have used smaller ones of these before and due to there anodized aluminum
casing that acts as a heatsink, the heat issue is drastically reduced. In
addition to helping with the heat, the case also makes the resistor look very
presentable:).

Thanks,
Will McManus