Re: Are Monster Toploads Really Needed?

Original poster: "Malcolm Watts by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <m.j.watts-at-massey.ac.nz>

Hi Al,
       I have to agree with Antonio and others based on running
experience. An increase of around 100% in terminal capacitance for
one of my coils resulted in far louder and brighter sparks in
addition to a 20% increase in sparklength. At the same time it is
fair to note that primary inductance was boosted to maintain tune,
primary losses were measurably decreased and k increased slightly.

Regards,
Malcolm