Re: Geek .15uF caps Was: "plate" capacitors

Original poster: "Yurtle Turtle by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <yurtle_t-at-yahoo-dot-com>

I bought my seacor caps well over a year ago, and
other than a bleed resistor failure, have never had
any problems. Last halloween, my coil saw a LOT of
nonstop action, but barely got warm. Other than that,
I probably never run it more than several minutes at a
time. I do often get many minutes of run time total
during the weekends. And this is at pig power levels.

Don't get me wrong; I'd love to see another type of
cap explored, but don't knock my $.85 caps. And if
you're looking for cheap, check out Greg Hunter's beer
bottle cap. That's the next cap I'm working on.

Adam

> Original poster: "by way of Terry Fritz
> <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <uncadoc-at-juno-dot-com>

<snip>

> Well, do you folks realize
> that you are getting
> hundreds of multiple punctures in those MMC caps
> every time you fire your
> coil?  Sure now, they self heal, all well and good;
> but how many times
> can the skinny little cap string do this?  And for
> how long of a period?
>  Well, I am waiting for answers from the one minute
> run or less MMC
> crowd

<snip>

=====