Re: Cap question...

Original poster: "Jim Lux by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <jimlux-at-earthlink-dot-net>

Tesla list wrote:

> Original poster: "Gary Abusive by way of Terry Fritz
<twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <gary_abusive-at-hotmail-dot-com>

> Hi all... got tired of my SW caps and went and got some caps today,
> want to try them out but would like to make sure AC high voltage isn't
> gonna kill 'em. The caps in question are Cera-mite 30,000 volt
> 2,500pf doorknobs, and they say 715C, 8927 on them, and me can't find
> anything about them on Ceramite's website. So, you guys think they'll
> work?

They're an old style, so they're not on the web catalog anymore... 8927 is
the date code (1989, 27th week).  715C is the model number.  Look for an
old Sprague catalog.

> Also, for you Los Angeles coilers, the place I got 'em at has more,
> plus they have magnet wire, NST's, TONS of misc. electronics stuffs, even
> saw huge ceramic insulators like 2' long. Big crazy warehouse, it looked
> like All Electronics x 20.
>
> Place is:
> APEX Electronics
> 8909 San Fernando Road in Sun Valley.

Get off at the Tuxford exit from the I5.  I wouldn't want to be there in an
earthquake.

If you want ceramic insulators, go to the DWP scrap yard just down the road
next to the big power plant with 4 stacks.