RE: Re-winding a NST

Original poster: "sundog by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <sundog-at-timeship-dot-net>

Hi Pete, All

Hmm, looks like I did it good and wrong :)  It's the glaring errors that get
me.  No huge deal, as I haven't started on the new secondarys yet (still
need some supplies.)

I'll re-check the thing as soon as i get the time.  I ran it off the 8v
tranny because I thought the 120v primary would draw excessive current by
itself on the core (the 8v200ma tranny carried on like it had a dead short
when energized).  despite sitting outside in the sun for a few days, the
primary still smelt like gas pretty strong, and the idea of setting my work
table on fire wasn't appealing.  A goodly case of temporary brainfade
(happens to all of us).  I'm lacking my ozone fix, that's gotta be the
problem ;)  We'll see what I come up with.

Thanks for pointing that out!  Otherwise I'd be re-winding a new 304 turn
primary too ;)
													Shad

Snippers !