Problems with my Terry RF filter

Original poster: "jpeakall by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <jpeakall-at-mcn-dot-org>

Dang! I must have made a big mistake, because my Terry RF filter isn't
working. I have pored over the pictures and schematic that Terry so kindly
put up on his site, and I can't spot my mistake. The only real differneces I
see between mine and Terry's (aside from the actual layout) is that I
connected the MOV, caps and small resistors all together at the end of each
string to a lug that connects to the NST input. Quite possibly I have a
"mental block" and am repeatedly missing my mistake while examining it. That
happens to me. :-(

Another thing I noticed is that in the schematic it calls for 6 caps per
string, and in the pictures I count ten total, for 5 a string. I put in 6
per. Is this going to make a big diff?

My friend who borrowed my DMM is bringing it back this AM, so I can test all
the components soon. Any trouble shooting advice would be much apprieciated.
 Wish I had a HV probe, I gotta get one.

Jonathan Peakall