Smallest TC ever

Original poster: "Jason Petrou by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <jasonp-at-btinternet-dot-com>

Hi all,

Yesterday I built the smallest TC I had ever seen!!! Here are the specs:

0.8" by 3" secondary with 42AWG radio wire - 1200T
Primary built out of old model railway track, tuned then soldered
950V 10mA tranny from an old radio transmitter
0.03uF plate caps made out of old 7" vynil records

This is a truly tiny TC. Its resonance is at about 650KHz which is about 4
times higher than my normal 270W coil. Im gonna put some pics on my site soon,
so I will let you all know. The max. spark length is about 2" with 3 5p coins
stuck together with araldite and its great for demonstrations!

Jason