Re: Triggered gap questions

Hi Frank,

It "should".  However, I wonder what a big spike would do to the hair thin
secondary wire of the ignition coil.  I also wonder if the spike would go
through the 5 miles of thin wire or just arc something inside it.  the
secondary has a very high inductance so it make look like an open to the spike
(which may prevent the kick back right there?).  I also wonder what path the
other side of the primary cap will take to find ground to complete the loop...

So I am not really sure what happens.  I have many more questions than answers
there ;-)

Cheers,

        Terry