Toroid capacitance

Original poster: "Kamil Kompa by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <tcmail-at-poczta.fm>

Hi!

I counted my toroid capacitance by Wintesla and it schould be about 17pF.
Then I used my digital multimeter to count its capacitance. I have
connected one wire of the meter to the ground, and the other to the toroid
(I mean wires used to connect standard capacitor to the meter). The
capacitance that i measured is 65pF.
I have measured some standard caps and I found, that my meter is ok.
I do not understand this. Could You explain me where I'm making a mistake?
(Toroid surface is not smooth. It's made of notched aluminium pipe. Is
capacity of such toroid larger or smaller, than capacity of smooth, this
same size toroid?)

Thanks

Kamil Kompa

Kto wygra wyscig do Sejmu?