The Geek Group, for all the newbies who wonder.

I keep getting all these questions from people on the Pupman list asking who
we are and all that. They find references to us in the archives and don't
even know we have a WEBSITE! :)

The Geek Group is a non-profit science and technology education organization
headquartered in Kalamazoo Michigan with members all over not only America,
but the world.

The Geek Group is very active in the Tesla Coil community and are constantly
striving to make coiling safer and more accessable to the amateur coiler.
We're not one of the Big Guys (TTR, kVA, or LOD), though we're bigger than
most. We are the bridge between the Pro Coilers and the Hobbyists. We exist
to help you make your coil safer, and more affordable, and because of our
proven dedication many of the Pupman subscribers are also members of the
Group, even Terry, the list's Fearless Moderator and always an innovator,
has been a member since our early days on the Pupman List. We also have a
Geek Group mailing list for people who are interested. It's NOT coiling
specific, it's rated PG-13 (Lasciate ogni speranza, voi ch’entrate) and if
you'd like to subscribe send a blank email to

TheGeekGroup-subscribe-at-yahoogroups-dot-com

We hold a biannual Teslathon, open to everyone, at out Sigma-6 Labs in
Kalamazoo. This is done every 6 months and is the only Winter Teslathon that
we know of.

We are the largest source for MMC specific caps on Earth, period. While you
*can* get the CD caps at 3 other places, they go for about twice what you
can get them from the Group for because we don't have the 80% markup. We're
not in this to get rich, we're in this because we're coilers ourselves and
we have the resources that the average Joe doesn't. That's the fundamental
idea behind the Group, to make the subjects of Science and Technology
accessible to people.

We also sell a LOT of other HV and electronic related gear, including X-ray
transformers, parts, and other goodies. All of this is sold to raise money
for Group projects and demonstrations.

The Group has been around for about 7 years now, and has an incredible
reputation of safety (we have a PERFECT safety record, despite the fact that
we do some VERY dangerous things here), customer satisfaction, great
demonstrations, and amazing projects.

Where else on Earth can you, as an high-school student take an active role
in the construction and operation of a Megavolt Marx bank? Our Project Harpo
is just that.

Know anywhere where you can play with an actual, operating, full size 9 ton
AS-400 IBM mainframe? These are computers that are locked in glass rooms and
only touched by members of "The Priesthood", guys in white coats that can
code machine language in their sleep. Here you can, we have 3 of them :) and
2 more on the way in the next couple weeks.

Ever wanna parallel 80 450VDC 2000uF electrolytic caps and fire them through
a pair of 500MCM cable, just to see what happens? We're doing it with the
Thumper Project, and when it's done it will use 216 caps! We already have
them in stock.

Ever get to experiment with BIG pulse caps? Quarter crushers? There are only
a handful of people who own one in the world. Thanks to an INCREDIBLE
donation, we have a MASSIVE quarter crusher in the works right now! We
should have it operational within the next few months at our labs.

We run the largest Urban Exploration team in the US (and one of the 2
biggest on Earth, the Aussies have us beat currently, lol). and have taken
being in interesting places that no one else ever sees to an art form.

We market the abilities of our collective membership to build resumes for
our members, and make them a couple bucks here and there. We've been called
on to perform such diverse activities as:

Break into an Armored Car as a security test (it took is 2 minutes btw).
LOTS of software development, mainly for industrial applications.
Computer security (ever been PAID to Crack a system?)
More websites than I can count, lol

We are the only place East of the mississippi that designs and sells Street
Luges. We are the first company on Earth to mount electronics on a street
luge, the first to mount lights on a street luge, and soon, the first to
mount a JET ENGINE on a street luge. We will be making a WORLD SPEED RECORD
attempt next summer on a street luge designed for 150 MILES AN HOUR! The
current record is under 100Mph with rocket power.
We have JUST (in the past week) launched a national marketing campaign for
our Luges and estimate sales of 20,000 luges in the next 3 years
conservatively.

We are in the design stage of our own brand of high-end home theatre
amplifier (the GeekAmp Project) being headed by another Pupman listee, Mark
Broker, the Group's chief engineer.

The Group is incredibly diverse, and has a phenomenal number of INCREDIBLY
talented people, all over the world. We have members aged 10 to 70, from
fields in Physics to Biology, to Theatre and Business Law. We're always
looking for new members, and membership always has been, and always will be
free.

Check us out at www.thegeekgroup-dot-org and see for yourself what the Group is
doing for you. If you're a subscriber to this list, you're a Geek, just
accept it, it's ok. It's good to be Geek.

duck

Christopher A. Boden Geek#1
President / C.E.O. / Alpha Geek
The Geek Group