Re: mot's

Original poster: "Gregory Hunter by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <ghunter31014-at-yahoo-dot-com>

Hi Jason,

Your point is well made, but I still maintain that
your setup does not represent the norm. After visiting
the Geek site and studying your excellent gap, I must
agree with you that your ARSG is within the reach of
many hobby coilers. However, for the near future at
least, our friend who started this thread will need
some external ballast or a stiffer breaker to run his
MOT twins.

A couple of questions:

The little Tungsten cube electrodes are very short.
Have you had any trouble with the arc wanting to ride
on the rotor surface between the cubes?

Photography on the Geek site seems especially
sharp--higher than usual quality. What sort of camera
was used, and how were they converted into digital
images?

Best Regards,

Greg
http://hot-streamer-dot-com/greg