Re: SRSG timing light

Original poster: "by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <Kidd6488-at-aol-dot-com>

> Original poster: "Mike Novak by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <
> acmnovak-at-msn-dot-com>
>
> Hello All,
> I've been away for quite some time.. my comp crashed bigtime...
> Anyway, as I was walking down the hall in my house, I glanced past a fan
> which was in the line of sight of the TV. The blades' shadows moved slowly
> like an async motor under a timing strobe. I was thinking " if the TV
> frequency was an even 60Hz, one could use it to phase in a SRSG...
> particularly, one with a clear rotor. "
> If this is insane or has already been discovered, lemme know...
>
> -Mike

I don't know that the TV is at 60Hz. Since it uses a flyback transformer, the
frequency relys on the components used in the flyback's driver circuitry. The
60Hz coming into the set is rectified almost immediatly when it comes in,
then it goes through caps, transistors, and other things to drive the flyback.
But I might be wrong, because I dont know if that frequency you see on the tv
comes from the flyback, or something that IS at 60Hz.
So I checked it. I too, have a fan in the line of sight of my tv. It is a
three-speed fan. I checked all three paterns on the tv, then checked them
with a fluorescent light that sits beside the fan. The patterns all looked
similar, with the TV and the light. they are much easier to see with the TV,
probably even more if it was dark.
I've never tried it before, but I'm gonna put that
<hot-streamer-dot-com/jonathon/motors/RSGdisk.htm>RSG disk on my sync motor
:-) and watch it at dark, infront of the TV...

Jonathon Reinhart
hot-streamer-dot-com/jonathon