Re: microwave oven capacitors

Original poster: "by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <Cydesho-at-aol-dot-com>

I was just curious, how lossy would you guess that these kind of caps would
be. I don't have a lot of cash, so an MMC is kind of out of the question. I
currently am using two 50 kV .002 uF plastic capacitor caps in parallel with
my 15kV 60mA NST. This is about 40% of what is should be for good resonance
Would a capacitor built out of these things allow my coil to perform better
than it is now despite their lossy dielectric?
                                        Justin