Re: Very strange problem, please help

Original poster: "David Kronstein by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <david_kronstein-at-telus-dot-net>

Hi. here's the answers to you're questions, in order.

Does the frequency or pitch of the sound change as the spark gets longer?
I'm not sure, I wasn't listening.

Does the cap get warm in operation?
No, not at all, but I haven't run for more than about 20 seconds

Do I understand that your cap gap is a safety gap across the cap only?
Yes.

Is that cap a part of a bulk buy that took place a number of years ago?
No, I got it form from Plastic Capacitors through Interworld Electronics in
early 2000.

The current really fluctuates, but the highest peak I saw was around 10
amps.

It seems the gap requires a higher voltage to fire over time, maybe because
of overheating.
I'm redoing the fan for the gap, I'm now going to use a Muffin fan blowing
air through the tube, instead of drawing air trough slits between the gaps
with a flat radial flow fan, as used previously.
I'll test it out with the new gap when I'm done.