Re: closeup video- video tools

Original poster: "Shad Henderson by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <sundog-at-timeship-dot-net>

Hi All,

  Mpeg is the only simple solution to a cross-platform video format.  You
can find shareware or freeware encoders and players for about every major OS
out there.  I recommended Bink for the fact that it works better than Mpeg,
smaller files, better quality, etc, (though only on mac and windoze), and
it's free.  In the interests of space and bandwidth I prefer smaller files,
though for sharing them with the masses, mpeg is the only answer I can think
of.

  For finding mpeg encoders/players check www.tucows-dot-com or
downloads.cnet-dot-com

Just do a search for Mpeg encoders.  Most of the OS's will be able to play
mpegs with the latest version of their media player.   Just remember to fire
up those antivirus packages.

Hope this helps!

Shad