Re: RQ spark gap.

In a message dated 8/17/01 11:51:35 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
tesla-at-pupman-dot-com writes:

> Hi!
>
>  I'm goaing to make a RQ spark gap for my 1000W coil. My NST is 10kV 100mA.
>  How many and how wide gaps schould I make?
>
>  Thank You for all answers.
>
>  Kamil Kompa

Kamil,

I have no idea, but for a TCBOR/RG gap (mustn't forget the TCBOR
which invented that gap), I think a wonderful design would be
to use more gaps than needed, and make their spacings adjustable,
then you can tap in as many as you wish, and vary their
spacing, etc, and see what works best.  Every coil is a little
different in its needs I think.  When you're done, then you
can build a Gary Lau type Vortex gap, and compare the
performance.  Then this can be compared with a sync
rotary, then a triggered gap, etc.

John Freau