Re: First light

Gary,

Congratulations on the first light after all these years.  A hollow
ball will work the same as a solid one, because the electrical
charge remains in the outside layer of the metal at all times.

I would think the spark should be able to break out of the
copper toroid if it's 8" diameter overall.  I use a 4" by 13"
toroid on my TT-42 TC which is powered by a 12/30 NST and
gives 42" sparks.

 http://hometown.aol-dot-com/futuret/page3.html

John Freau