Re: Capacitor construction

Original poster: "Daniel Barrett by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <dbarrett-at-clearcube-dot-com>

    Thanks, everyone for the thoughts on the glass plate caps! So, as I
understand this, glass will work but it's a bit lossy at these frequencies
and can tend to 'crater' after a while. I guess I'm now sold on the MMC idea
:)
    So my next question is what are the optimal (Okay, the best bang/buck
coefficient) caps to choose?
I'm looking at my trusty DigiKey catalog, and have come up with these
Panasonic metalized polypropylene film caps. These are rated for 1600 VDC
(500AC) with a dissipation factor of .2 above 10kHz and are recommended for
pulse applications. One hundred of these can be had from Digikey for $.97
each (P10507-ND).
Would these be a good choice to build the MMC from?

Thanks for the help!!!
db