Re: Capacitor construction--The Geek Group speaks

>Original poster: "Robert by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>"
><obiwan1186-at-sunflower-dot-com>
>
>Those might work, but I would go with geek caps. They are extremely cost
>effective, and durable; perfect
>for TC use. they might take a while to get though. I placed my order in the
>middle of july and still
>don't have my caps yet, but it will probably be worth the wait.

Yes, sorry guys, there is still a bit of a wait on the caps. It varies
WILDLY with the runs from the factory, when they make them, we get them, and
they have about 8 weeks between runs. So at the most, it can take 8-10 weeks
for your caps to ship. Patience is a virtue that carries a lot of wait.

The wait is worth it though, as the price and performance of the Groups caps
is as good as they get! :)

I've seen a lot of questions regarding bottle caps. Well, the Group has a
proven solution for those too :) We didn't always have corporate
sponsorship, and in the days when we were just getting into coiling we
designed the Geek Group Bucket Cap. A simple, robust, portable and CLEAN
saltwater capacitor based on Corona bottles. It's the most portable of the
SW caps we've seen (Ever drop a glass aquarium filled with water, salt, and
oil?...BIG mess).

http://www.thegeekgroup-dot-org/how%20to/bucket%20caps.html
This will tell you all about our bucket caps.

http://www.thegeekgroup-dot-org/projects.htm
All about our many projects.

www.thegeekgroup-dot-org
All about us :)

http://www.ekac-dot-org/gfpbunny.html
All about Alba, the Green Flouresant Bunny (and you guys thing *I'M* a
weirdo....)

And as usual, remember, we're always lookoing for new members in the Group.
Membership is, and always has been, free (though you really should get a
shirt, they're cool) :). Check us out, if you're on this list, you're one of
us. :)

duck

Christopher A. Boden Geek#1
President / C.E.O. / Alpha Geek