Re: CD capacitor

Original poster: "by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <Robynsaddiction-at-aol-dot-com>

Justin,

      I had thought of this same thing just a few months ago.
It seems like it would work perfect, because who wouldn't want to get our of
all of that foil and plastic cutting when making a capacitor? However, after
some inspection I realized that the "foil" on the CD was not really aluminum
foil at all. Instead, I think it is some sort of plastic, because it does not
seem to be conductive. I used the continuity checker on my meter, and it
showed the plastic foil to be no good for this:^(
Yet, I hope that the meter was broken, and that someone has found some better
results. Anyhow, take care, and be safe.

                                                      In Friendship, Rick
Harris