Re: Doesn't running resonant also endanger the cap as well as the NST?

Hi Garry,

I guess in these MMC days, we all have forgotten how easy it "was" to kill
caps with over voltage ;-))  An uncontrolled resonant primary circuit will
kill the NST, cap, or arc something over.  The weakest link will break!  It
was always my experiance that the part I loved most would fail...

With all the troubles cap failures used to give, I guess we now simply take
for granted that the primary cap is now probably one of the most reliable
parts of a Tesla coil!!

Cheers,

	Terry