Triggered gap hookup question

Original poster: "J. B. Weazle McCreath by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <weazle-at-hurontel.on.ca>

Hello coilers,

Refering to Bert's drawing below, where do I connect the right
hand end of C2 in my setup?  My radar transformer doesn't have
a grounded center tap on the secondary as is the case with NST
or OBIT type transformers.  My trigger circuit is powered thru
a 240:120 isolation transformer, hence the can of the ignition
coil basicly floats and can be connected anywhere, such as the
grounded electrode of my safety gap.

The entire primary circuit floats above ground, with the only
ground being the center electrode of the safety gap, which is
part of my Terry style filter.  The filter is constructed on
single sided G-10 circuit board with the copper foil being the
ground for the doorknob bypass caps.  I do it this way so I can
use different transformers without a major rewiring job...just
two or three spade type connectors.

      Dimmer
      |----|    | |
  <---|    |----| |-------
      |----|    | |       |    Ignition              (optional)
                          |      Coil                    R1
               5-10 uF    |    -------             |--/\/\/\/\---o
 To             (C1)      |----|     |             |
 AC                            |     |    | |      |        Trigger
 Mains                         |     |----| |------o------------->
 (isolation                    |     |    | |      |
  trans. in           Common   |     |             |
  my case)                |----|     | 100-500 pF  |--/\/\/\/\---o
                          |    -------  30-40 kV         R2
                          |              (C3)       (optional)

                          |                 | |
  <-----------------------o-----------------| |-----> to case/CT of
                                            | |       NST & AC mains
                                                      ground
                                           1-5 uF     (where to in
                                          600 volts    my case?)
                                            (C2)

Thanks in advance for your help and/or suggestions.

73, Weazle, VE3EAR/VE3WZL

Listening: 147.030+ and 442.075+
E-mail:    weazle-at-hurontel.on.ca
           or ve3ear-at-rac.ca