3 Phase TC (again)

Original poster: "harvey norris by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <harvich-at-yahoo-dot-com>

Seen some postings on this while signed off on
vacation (in archives.)

Just to note a few things...

It seems ludicrous to put 3 primaries in inductive
relation to a single secondary, if I read right, this
may have been suggested. As Holmes would remark to
Watson/ Sir those three primaries are in fact in
magnetic cancellation, as the sum of three phases
(from real 3 phase) is zero.

There may be impedance matching complications when you
run a step up transformer from a 3 phase alternator.
See my message board on this latest entry. Some
comments from July 8th CSN shows tesla also
distinguishing whether a resonance consists of the
total load of a generator are also noted.

I have not yet been able to get a trisectional arc gap
going, but have got two of the 3 to function. These
are being done initially with high induction coils,
just to see if it can be done. I have been able to get
three  simultaneous 20 inch neon discharges between
phases however. There is a balance problem that can be
partially cured by variac input. At higher amperages
only two of the bulbs will light, but turning the
output down will enable all three bulbs to disharge,
both in delta and wye.

The basic problem that folks seem to have conceptially
is that they want to keep every thing separate,on each
phase, which would imply that each phase has unique
lines, and also a unique arc gap for that phase.....

Well that is never done in 3 phase to begin with. A
particular line (delta sourced) current will actually
have current paths shared by two phases. An instance
of this is the actual delta supply lines from an
alternator. The single line actually supplies two
phases. 1.7 amps inputed on such a line will actually
supply 1 amp to each of the adjacent phases it
connects to. This however does not contradict
Kirchoffs nodal analysis, where the currents into a
node equal the currents leaving a node. The delusion
that this is being violated is due to the relative
difference of phasings,(120 degrees) entering and
leaving that node. For 1.7 amps on the supply line,1
amp conduction only results on the adjacent phases
because they ARE in that 120 degree phasing
arrangement.

So here it is then,(or should be easier) to understand
why that in the situation of what I have called a
BRS,(Binary Resonant System), that when the two 180
phased tanks share the same line from opposite
directions, there is then twice the current on that
line, then exists on either tank individually. This is
done by having two identical reactances in series on
each side of the tank, and twisting the tank circuit
into a figure 8. The center path shared by  tank
circuits does so in unity, because the reactances in a
tank circuit are themselves 180 out of phase, and the
center path is used by both in opposite directions,
leading to a double negative becoming unity.

The other case example that shows the opposite effect
is the center tapped transformer secondary. In that
instance, if the loads on each side are equal, the
center line will have a CANCELLATION of currents, and
the two current loops will sum to zero on that shared
pathway. Those are the two possible case examples of
180 phased currents sharing a current pathway.

Obviously then if the line delivering 120 phased
currents as a shared pathway,(the delta line input),it
will not have double the current , but only 1.7 times
that value.

So now consider what will happen if we have 3 tank
circuits each consuming 1 amp, from a 3 phased
sourcing. Now we will connect the 3 tanks to a common
ending point, which makes the 3 tanks connected in
WYE.
We then have 6 individual tank current lines joined to
a common point, as the center wye connection. If we
then make that joining point into the arc gap, we have

three tanks being serviced by only ONE arc gap. Of
course that one gap could be also made into three
distinct gaps by how we construct that gap. But here
we understand that the line contains 1.7 amps, with
only 1 amp in each of the tanks. Now what will happen
when we take the 6 return lines and allow each of
those return lines to share a line connection with its
adjacent tank circuit. That then makes only 3
individual phase line connections to the WYE. Each of
those connections will not have 2 amps, but again the
same as the delta line inputs, 1.7 amps.

In making this schematic readjustment however, we have
created a new situation. Now the schematic will show
new combinations, where none existed before, by the
act of joining the 6 return lines into 3, to an arc
gap. When the arc gap is quenched, or in non firing
mode, the circuit then appears totally different in
that now 3 series resonances will appear as the sides
of the triangle. By theory a series resonance will
provide a resonant rise of voltage, beyond that of the
transformers input. In the case of using huge 60 henry
coils as the 3 phase tank circuits, the frequency of
the alternator is matched to the resonant frequency of
the coils. HOWEVER that is not the case with a tesla
primary, where the resonant frequency is much higher
than the alternators AC frequency. But in any case we
have a scenario more or less similar to the BRS, which
is essentially a switch that when open provides a
series resonant voltage rise that will enable the
firing of an arc gap. After the firing, the circuit is
converted to a tank circiut with shared current lines
going to the arc gap. This causes the gap to quench,
as the former voltages above the supply voltage that
enabled the gap to fire in the first place have now
vanished, thus quenching the gap.

One may wonder how such a circuit can work in the
first place. In the closed position, TWO current
pathways as possibilities present themselves. The
currents by ordinary electrical laws are supposed to
take the path of least impedance. Thus they should use
the delta series resonances as that pathway, instead
of the option made by the 3 tank circuits made in the
interior of the triangle, which has something like q
squared more impedance. This is where it is useful to
understand that resonace always takes the path of
highest impedance, if such a pathway presents itself
as an option. All I can say regarding this is that I
have actually constructed those circuits by AC
alternator inputs, and it takes those options I have
described. It may not sound right, but reality of
testing shows it to be correct.

Sincerely Harvey D Norris.

PS, I am making inquirees as to coordinate a Ohio
Teslathon with the yearly Portage County Hamfest  in August.

=====
Binary Resonant System  http://members3.boardhost-dot-com/teslafy/