Re: A very little coil

Original poster: "by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <Pyrotrons-at-aol-dot-com>

You are doing great to get 1.5" out with 6 watts in!

What is the setup? Basic Tesla Coil with spark gap and capacitor, or
something different?

I'm quite interested in this, as I have been wanting to build a TINY plasma
globe (lightbulb) display......using a real live Tesla coil to get that "RF
plasma" look to it (not just the thick 20kHz stuff directly out of a flyback
driver) I love that super high frequency plasma look.

I've toyed around with small spark gap Tesla coils at that power level,
mostly using 2N3055 based flyback drivers for the input HV.

1.5" is great for 6W, good job.

BTW will it fire a small light bulb, or does it get loaded down to much (as
my past low-power stuff has)......

Have a good one,

Justin Hays
KC5PNP