Overstessing Maxwell caps

Original poster: "Steve White by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <slwhite-at-zeus.ia-dot-net>

I have two 0.03 uF Maxwell caps rated at 35 KV each. I was planning to connect
them in parallel to obtain 0.06 uF for my pig coil which I am currently
building. The pig puts out 14,400 volts RMS. I am now beginning to wonder if
the 35 KV voltage rating for the 2 parallel caps is enough. I theoretically
have about a 2x safety factor. I have been reading that 3x is preferable. My
design requires about 0.06 uF of capacitance. Should I go ahead and use these
caps (I paid quite a bit for them) or should I sell them and build a MMC array
instead? Alternatively, I could turn my variac some to a voltage sufficient to
obtain a 3x safety factor.