From: Tesla list [mailto:tesla-at-pupman-dot-com]
Sent: Tuesday, July 24, 2001 9:07 AM
To: tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
Subject: TC Final Plans

Original poster: "CJ Moore by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>"
<wizard1234-at-home-dot-com>

I am finalizing my plans for my next tesla coil, and was hope that the list
could look it over, possibly point out flaws, expected lifetime and
performance.

I plan on using:

 2 9kv 60 ma NSTS for a total of 9 kv 120 ma
Terry's NST protection circuit  (to the letter if it works with my NST's)
.03 uf 35kv Maxwell Pulse Capacitor (threads on the side version)
SRSG - by modifying a 1725 RPM 1/2 HP for salient pole operation - 1/8 inch
tungsten welding rods as both flying and stationary electrodes. Spacing will
be
as close as I can get it 1/32 of an inch (hopefully)
Flat primary coil with 3/8 inch copper tubing spaced at .5 inch
5 inch by 30 inch secondary with 22 wire with heavy insulation.
Toriod - undecided

note: the SRSG may not work out, as I am having a hard time trying to figure
out how to make the modifications. So I may end up using a vacuum quenched
or
an air blow static gap.

Thanks for the input!

CJ