Re: Tank Cicuit Capacitor

Original poster: "Gregory Hunter by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <ghunter31014-at-yahoo-dot-com>

In the usual spark gap-type Tesla coil, the tank
capacitor discharges almost instantly once the power
is shut off. The cap charge drains across the high
voltage transformer secondary, which presents a
short-circuit once the power is removed. However, DC
coils which employ rectifiers in the power supply can
hold a dangerous charge for hours if bleeder resistors
are not used.

Greg
http://hot-streamer-dot-com/greg