Re: Big Cap 1µF, 20 kVDC

Original poster: "Bert Hickman by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <bert.hickman-at-aquila-dot-net>

Godfrey,

Caps this size can be used for exploding wire, can and coin crushing, or
similar high energy experiments. However, as you indicate, these caps are
extremely dangerous. The high pulse current (> 100 kA typical) can indeed
remove parts of your body if given a chance...

-- Bert --
--
Bert Hickman
Stoneridge Engineering

Tesla list wrote:

> Original poster: "Loudner, Godfrey by way of Terry Fritz
<twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <gloudner-at-SINTE.EDU>