Short, Fat Resonators?

Original poster: "Gregory Hunter by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <ghunter31014-at-yahoo-dot-com>

Has anyone on the list experimented with very low
aspect ratio (1 to 2 diameters tall) resonators? On
another thread somebody made some real interesting
statements about the beneficial properties of wide,
squat secondaries, and I'm wondering if anyone has any
hands-on experience to share. I've been eyeballing
those 5 gal plastic buckets that are so common these
days. They are made of polyethylene, and "clean"
buckets with no printing on them are available at
Wal-Mart & similar stores. I bet one of these would
make a fine secondary form for a low aspect ratio
coil. I'm not serious about building anything yet. I'm
just thinking about it, doodling with designs, etc.

Greg
http://hot-streamer-dot-com/greg