RE: 3 Questions

Original poster: "Loudner, Godfrey by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <gloudner-at-SINTE.EDU>

A 120 volt wall plug provides three leads which are called hot, neutral, and
ground. Neutral and ground are two leads connected back to a common node.
Connect ground to the variac housing. It does not matter if you connect hot
to A and neutral to C, or connect neutral to A and hot to C. Its my fault
you did not understand because I somethings call the ground the neutral.

Godfrey Loudner