Re: Secondary recommendation

Original poster: "by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <Hollmike-at-aol-dot-com>

John is right when he says there are too many things to consider at this
stage.  I would only suggest that as a starting point,  you design a coil
that is at least six inches in diameter and wind it to what YOU think is
best.  The only reason I suggest building a coil of six inches diameter or
greater is that I have a 5.5 inch coil wound from 19g, and wish I had made it
wider to get more primary turns.  The tuning was very precise and i wold have
loved to see the final pix...
<< > Hi All!

 >  I've just about finished tweaking my little 2.5" TC and am planning the
 next
 >  one. :-)
 >
 >  I have an 11 lbs roll of 19AWG magnet wire and I wanted recommendations
 from
 >  the list as to the size of the secondary.  I was thinking 4" PVC since I
 >  have a piece of it, but wondered if 6" might be better.
 >
 >  Thanks in advance!
 >
 >  Mark Stolz

 Mark,

 the answer depends very much on the input power that will be
 used, also the breakrate, and capacitor size, toroid size, etc.
 All those things need to be known before it can be determined
 what the best secondary size is.

 John Freau